The SCCBI services will strive to:
- Be single-tiered, with the same services, or types of services, available to all persons according to an established fee schedule.
- Integrate the public and private system of services, resulting in a uniform, comprehensive approach to service delivery, with the system of care, rather than specific institutions serving as the safety net;
- Share information and resources to provide follow-along services to clients, ensuring access to the right level of care in a timely manner;
- Ensure access to culturally competent services;
- Offer personal choice through flexible service options as the norm, balanced with cost, and needs and safety of the client and society;
- Use a “strengths-based” and/or evidence-based approach to treatment planning and service delivery;
- Use informal and natural supports;
- Use the local community to support integration and recovery;
- Encourage and support personal responsibility and independence; and
- Value and support early identification and intervention.
SCCBI services will be integrated with community-based services including:
- Assignment of State staff to community services.
- Joint/interagency staffing of services.
- Clinical and programmatic oversight provided by the respective County and/or State-Operated Services.
- Joint monitoring/evaluation of staff performance and service effectiveness