The mission of the South Central Community Based Initiative (SCCBI) is to facilitate each mental health consumers recovery by improving their quality of life, by assisting them to assume increasing responsibility over their lives, and to help them function as actively and independently as possible in the community.
The overall purpose of the South Central Community Based Initiative for consumers is to ensure that persons experiencing serious and persistent mental illness receive services:
- in the right amount;
- at the right time;
- in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting;
- as close to the consumer's home as possible;
- using a strengths-based approach to treatment
- that balances consumer choice with community safety;
- in a cost-effective manner
- that supports consumer goals.